"Translating Bharat: Language, Globalization and the Right to be Read", is a conference organized by Siyahi. The conference serves as an interactive platform for translators and publishers to comprehend core issues and work together for creating bonds. It is an ideal opportunity for them to exchange their experiences and understanding. Translating Bharat will bring translators, publishers, authors, and poets under a single roof.
Following issues would be discussed in the Translating Bharat conference:
1. The importance of translations.
2. Cultural transmissions of language and the freedom of a translator.
3. Transcribing and translating oral traditions.
4. Globalization and cross-cultural transmissions.
5. Riches from regional languages - understanding India's literary sensibilities.
6. Understanding copyright laws, publishing and translations.