Photo Credit: http://helados-chinos.com.ar/web/?attachment_id=42
||15 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 envelope unflavored Gelatin
- ¼ cup Water
- 5 Egg Whites
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- ½ cup Almonds (chopped & blanched)
- Green and Red Food Color (as required)
How to make Almendrado:
- Dissolve gelatin in water and chill until the mixture starts thickening.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar and salt. Beat again until foamy.
- Add gelatin, almond extract, and half of the chopped almonds. Mix well.
- Divide into 3 equal parts.
- Color one part with green food color.
- Color the second portion with red food color.
- Leave the third part white.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds on a wet 2-quart loaf pan.
- Spread colored ingredients one by one in layers.
- Chill until firm. Reverse over a platter and slice into pieces.
- Serve with heavy cream.