Apricot And Black Pepper Chutney Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.jarsandbottles-store.co.uk/blog/recipes/roast-lemon-and-apricot-chutney/
|Apricot And Black Pepper Chutney Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
- 35-40 Golden Apricots (chopped)
- 8-10 Black Peppercorns (crushed)
- 1 medium Raw Mango (boiled and pureed)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Rock Salt (Sendha Namak)
- 1 tsp Citric Acid
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (roasted and crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp whole dry Red Chillies (crushed)
How to make Apricot And Black Pepper Chutney:
- In a pan, heat water and cook the apricots till done.
- In another pan take the raw mango and sugar and cook till the sugar melts completely. Cook on a lower flame till the mixture thickens.
- Add the apricots to the mango mixture and cook, adding a little cooking liqueur to avoid the mixture sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add salt and rock salt and mix well.
- Now, add a little citric acid, crushed roasted cumin seeds, and garam masala powder to the mango, and mix.
- Add crushed black peppercorns, crushed red chillies and mix well.
- Remove from heat and store in a sterilized jar.