Argentine Empanada Recipe
|Argentine Empanada Recipe|
||6.4 / 10 (5 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1/2 cup Red and Green Peppers (diced)
- ½ kg Minced Meat (beef)
- 1 Boiled Egg (chopped)
- ½ cup Onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup Green Olives
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 3 tbsp Corn Oil
- ¼ cup Raisins
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- For the crust
- Egg Wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water)
- ½ cup Cold Butter (cut into ½-inch cubes)
- ¼ cup Granulated White Sugar
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Water (with ice cubes)
How to make Argentine Empanada:
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium flame. Add the sliced onions and sauté for 1-2 min.
- Add the peppers, minced meat and broth, stir properly and simmer for a few minutes.
- Then add green olives, some chopped boiled egg and raisins. Season the filling with salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin. Let it cool.
- Now preheat an oven to 400 F.
- Take a mixing bowl, combine the flour and the sugar, stir, and add in the butter pieces.
- Blend it so that the butter is well distributed and mixture resembles semi-dry sand.
- Pour in the water and mix well to form solid dough.
- Now divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 4 inches diameter each.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in the lower half of each circle of crust.
- Brush the edges of the crust with egg wash, fold the two ends together and press the edges together with fingers.
- Arrange the above in a greased cookie sheet. Prick surface of each Empanada with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the oven at 400 F for 10 minutes and then remove and brush again with the egg wash.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Argentine Empanada is ready to be served.