Photo Credit: http://www.mexicodesconocido.com.mx/arracheras.html
||15 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2-2½ pounds Skirt Steaks (trimmed of fat and membrane)
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 pickled Jalapenos (minced)
- 6 Garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lemon (sliced)
- 2 medium Onions (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 8 Flour Tortillas (warmed)
How to make Arracheras:
- Combine meat with lemon juice, jalapenos and garlic in a shallow baking pan. Refrigerate overnight, turning the meat occasionally. Remove from the refrigerator and drain.
- Mix in the salt leave it at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Coat the onions well with oil.
- Prepare enough charcoal to form a single layer of coal beneath the meat on an outdoor grill. Let the coal cover with gray ash
- Place the steaks directly over the fire and the onions a little to the side. Grill the meat about 6 minutes each side.
- Cook the onions, turning occasionally until soft and edges are browned and crispy.
- Remove the steaks and slice into strips after 5 minutes.
- Arrange meat and grilled onions in a serving platter and place tortillas and lemon on the side. Serve now.