|Rating||8.0 / 10 (17 votes)|
- 3/4 kg Vegetables (drumsticks, brinjals, yam, string beans, raw banana, ash gourd, ridge gourd)
- 1 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 6 to 8 Green chillies
- 1 Cup grated coconut
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 5 to 6 Curry leaves
How to make Avial:
- Wash, peel and cube the vegetables.
- Slightly cook drum sticks with salt.
- Grind the coconut to form a fine paste.
- Boil water in a skillet and add cubed vegetables.
- Mix red chilli and turmeric powder with it.
- Cook the vegetables properly.
- Add green chillies, salt, tamarind extract and coconut paste. Stir it.
- Now cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Take a small pan and heat oil.
- Add the curry leaves to it.
- Fry until the leaves change color.
- Now pour over the cooked vegetables.