Baghali Polo Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.goodiesfirst.com/2013/12/six-cuisines-in-five-hours-an-old-dubai-crash-course.html/abshar-baghali-polo-with-maahicheh
|Baghali Polo Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 500 g Basmati Rice
- 500 g Mutton
- 375 g Dill (chopped)
- 150 g Dried Lima Beans
- 1 medium Onion (sliced)
- 1/3 cup Oil
- ¼ tsp Saffron (ground)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
How to make Baghali Polo:
- Soak rice in lukewarm water for 3-4 hours.
- Slice mutton into small pieces, separating the fat.
- Heat little oil in a pan and fry onion until golden brown.
- Add meat, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook on low flame, until meat turns tender.
- Combine Lima beans with water and boil until soft.
- Heat 8-12 cups water in a pan and bring to a boil. Remove the extra water from the rice and mix the rice in the boiling water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked beans with the rice and then strain it cleaning with lukewarm water. Next toss it lightly.
- Take oil in a pan and get it to boil. Layer the rice first then coat it up with dill and finally add on meat. Repeat the process until rice is over.
- Dig 5-6 holes into rice. Cook it covered for 2-3 min on medium flame.
- Heat ¼ cup water with little oil in a pan and put it on the rice. Then cover the pan with cloth tightly. Cook it for 45 min-1 hr on low flame. Then take it off heat and let it cool.
- Mix saffron with 1 tbsp hot water and mix in 3 tbsp cooked rice.
- Lightly toss the rice and transfer it into serving bowl. Top up with saffron rice.