Bak Kut Teh Recipe
|Bak Kut Teh Recipe|
|Rating||6.8 / 10 (4 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 450 gm Pork Spareribs (chopped into bit size pieces)
- 5 Whole Star Anise (broken pieces equal to 5 stars)
- Soy Sauce (with thinly sliced red chilies for dipping)
- 2 Chinese Crullers, sliced diagonally (optional)
- 2 tbsp Crisp Shallot Flakes
- 1 tbsp Shredded Coriander
- 1 tbsp White Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorns
- 5 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 liter Water
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
How to make Bak Kut Teh:
- Take a large pot and put sparerib pieces in it. Add enough cold water to cover them completely. Parboil until foam rises to the surface.
- Drain the water and rinse the meat with cold water and return it to the pot. Add garlic and 2 liter of water.
- Put cinnamon, star anise and peppercorns in a cheese cloth; tie it and add bag to the pot.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hour or until the meat shrinks from the bones.
- Skim excess oil from the surface and discard it.
- Remove the spice bag from the pot.
- Season the prepared soup with salt, sugar and dark soy sauce to taste, and stir.
- Bak Kut Teh is ready. Serve with white steamed rice.