Indian Recipes : Bak Kut Teh Recipe
Bak Kut Teh, popularly called Pork Rib Tea Soup, is a Singaporean recipe usually eaten in winter season. Learn how to make/prepare Bak Kut Teh by following this easy recipe.
Bak Kut Teh Recipe
• 450 gm Pork Spareribs (chopped into bit size pieces)
• 5 Whole Star Anise (broken pieces equal to 5 stars)
• Soy Sauce (with thinly sliced red chilies for dipping)
• 2 Chinese Crullers, sliced diagonally (optional)
• 2 tbsp Crisp Shallot Flakes
• 1 tbsp Shredded Coriander
• 1 tbsp White Peppercorns
• 1 tbsp Black Peppercorns
• 5 cloves Garlic (peeled)
• 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
• 3 Cinnamon Sticks
• 2 liter Water
• 2 tsp Sugar
• 2 tsp Salt How to make Bak Kut Teh:
• Take a large pot and put sparerib pieces in it. Add enough cold water to cover them completely. Parboil until foam rises to the surface.
• Drain the water and rinse the meat with cold water and return it to the pot. Add garlic and 2 liter of water.
• Put cinnamon, star anise and peppercorns in a cheese cloth; tie it and add bag to the pot.
• Bring water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hour or until the meat shrinks from the bones.
• Skim excess oil from the surface and discard it.
• Remove the spice bag from the pot.
• Season the prepared soup with salt, sugar and dark soy sauce to taste, and stir.
• Bak Kut Teh is ready. Serve with white steamed rice.
Recipe of the Month
Aloo Chaat is a very popular Indian recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Alu Chaat...