Besan Dhokla Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.jainrasoi.com/snacks-starters/khaman-dhokla
|Besan Dhokla Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||8.3 / 10 (6 votes)|
- 350gms (12 ounces) Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1cup (237ml) Curd (Stirred)
- 1tsp Green Chilies (paste)
- 1tsp Ginger (paste)
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp Soda bi-carbonate
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1tbsp Oil
- For Tampering:
- Few Curry leaves
- 1tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2tsp Oil
- Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2-3 green chilies (slit vertically)
How to make Besan Dhokla:
- In a bowl add gram flour (Besan), curd and water.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter. The batter should be thick in appearance.
- Add salt into the batter and set aside for 4 hours in covered state
- Take the ginger and green chili paste and add to the batter.
- Add turmeric powder and again mix it well.
- Keep the cooker ready and boil 2 cups (474ml) of water in it.
- Transfer the mixture in to a deep, greased plate. Place a stand about 2"-3" high in the center of the cooker and keep the plate containing the mixture on the stand so that the plate does not get dipped in the water. Remove the whistle and put the cover on top.
- Take out the plate after 20 minutes from the cooker.
- In a small bowl take a tsp. of soda bi-carbonate, 1tsp oil and lemon juice and mix them well.
- Add this mixture to the batter and again mix them thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the cooker and steam for 10-12 minutes till completely done.
- Cool for some time and cut into big cubes.
- Heat little oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves allow them to fry for a minute and then remove to pour it over dhoklas.
- Garnish the Besan Dhokla with coriander and slitted green chilies.
- Serve with coconut or coriander chutney.
Serve with coconut or coriander chutney.