Black Walnut Cake Recipe
Photo Credit: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Black-Walnuts-add-local-heritage-to-holidays.html?soid=1101923864830&aid=n-4qvvXzcZI
|Black Walnut Cake Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (4 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1/2 Cup chopped black walnuts
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Cup milk
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 3 Cups sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 5 Eggs
How to make Black Walnut Cake:
- In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening, butter and sugar until light.
- Beat the eggs, add the baking powder, flour and cinnamon; pour-stir into the creamed mixture.
- Now, stir in the vanilla and walnuts, and pour into the pan.
- Bake the dish for two hours at 350 degree F. All the cake to cool and then place it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Black Walnut Cake is ready to serve.