Photo Credit: http://unclenicksgreekcuisine.com/sides/briam/
||30 Minutes |
||70 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 4 Tomatoes
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh Mint (chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh Oregano
- ¼ cup Capers
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (ground, to taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 2 Potatoes (sliced)
- 2 Eggplants (sliced)
- 3 Zucchini (sliced)
- 3 Green Bell Peppers (sliced)
- 2 cups Okra
How to make Briam:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Take a food processor and place 3 tomatoes, ½ olive oil, red wine vinegar, white sugar, parsley, mint, basil, oregano, capers and garlic in it. Blend the ingredients well to form fresh tomato sauce.
- Add salt and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Chop the remaining 1 tomato. Keep aside.
- Place a skillet over medium fire and heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add onions and stir fry for about 10 minutes till they turn slightly golden.
- Remove and combine with potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, green bell pepper, okra, chopped tomatoes and fresh tomato sauce.
- Transfer the mixture into a large baking pan.
- Add a little water, if required, to cover the vegetables with sauce.
- Bake for about 1 hour till all the vegetables are tender.