Caldo de Res Recipe
|Caldo de Res Recipe|
|Rating||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 2 Pounds lean ground beef
- 1 Large onion, cut lengthwise in half and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 1 tbsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Cans (10-1/2 ounces each) beef consommé
- 1 Can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 Can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies,
- 1 Cup water
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Cup tortilla chips
How to make Caldo de Res:
- Heat Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground beef and onion; brown 4 to 5 minutes, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season beef with cumin and pepper.
- Stir consommé, corn, tomatoes and water into beef.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro into soup and garnish with tortilla chips.
- Caldo De Res is ready.