Caramelised Onion Chutney Recipe
Photo Credit: http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/caramelised-onion-chutney.html
|Caramelised Onion Chutney Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 7 Red Onions (medium) (chopped)
- 2 Shallots (medium) (chopped)
- 1 White Onion (medium) (chopped)
- 1 Sweet Pepper (red or orange; grilled until black, peeled, seeded and diced)
- 1 Red Chilli (deseeded and diced)
- 270ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 50ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 220g (8 oz.) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1stick Cinnamon (7 cm)
- 2 fresh Bay Leaves
- 1 sprig Rosemary (large) (leaves picked and chopped)
- Olive oil (as required)
- Salt to taste
How to make Caramelised Onion Chutney:
- Take a pan and heat olive oil.
- Put the onions, shallot, bay leaves, cinnamon and rosemary into the oil and stir it until the onions are golden, soft and sticky.
- Add the chili, salt, pepper and cook for a further couple of mins.
- Add the vinegars, sugar and simmer on a low heat until thick and chutney like.
- Pour the chutney into a sterilized jar and keep it for 4-6 weeks to develop flavor.
Serve with chapati