Chennar Payesh Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.zaffranrestaurant.com/dishes.php
|Chennar Payesh Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 1 1/2 l Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- A few strands of Saffron (Kesar)
- 5-6 Almonds (blanched and chopped)
- 7-8 Pistachios (blanched and chopped)
How to make Chennar Payesh:
- Soak saffron in two tablespoons of warm milk and set aside.
- In a shallow pan, boil half litre of milk and add lemon juice to it and stir it till the milk curdles.
- Pour the chenna (curdled milk) on a muslin cloth and strain the whey. Dip it in ice cold water till completely cool and strain again and set aside.
- Boil remaining milk and add a pinch of saffron to it. Allow the milk to simmer in low heat till reduced to half.
- Add sugar and stir till completely dissolved.
- Smash chenna in a bowl and add it to the milk and simmer again.
- Just before removing from heat, add almonds, pistachios and soaked saffron.
- Serve chilled.