Chettinad Biryani Recipe
|Chettinad Biryani Recipe|
|Rating||4.6 / 10 (28 votes)|
- 300 gms Basmati Rice
- 100 gms Cauliflower (chopped)
- 100 gms Carrot (chopped)
- 50 gms Beans (chopped)
- 25 gms Peas
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 flake Ginger
- 1 flake Garlic
- 3 Red Chilies
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tsp Tomato Puree
- 3 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
How to make Chettinad Biryani:
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- Now make a fine paste of red chilies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic and ginger.
- Heat a pan and put some ghee into it.
- Add the soaked rice (no water) in it and cook till rice start sticking together.
- Remove the rice from fire.
- Heat a pan and put oil into it. When the oil turns hot, add chopped onion in it.
- Stir till the onion turns golden brown in color.
- Now add the paste and all the vegetables to the onions.
- Add a little water, tomato puree and salt to the vegetables.
- Add the sauté rice and some more water so as to cover the rice with water.
- Cover the pan and let the rice cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Chettinad Biryani is ready to eat. Serve it hot with lime juice.