Chili Garlic Sauce Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.joyofkosher.com/recipes/homemade-chili-garlic-sauce/
|Chili Garlic Sauce Recipe|
||8.5 / 10 (6 votes)|
- 8 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 15 Dry Red Chilies, chopped
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- 3-inch piece Fresh Ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup Chopped Onions
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Allspice
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1½ tbsp Cornstarch
- Salt, to taste
How to make Chili Garlic Sauce:
- Place a saucepan on the stove and pour oil in it. Let it become hot.
- Combine garlic, red chilies, tomatoes, ginger, onions, soy sauce, allspice and salt in the pan.
- Gently stir over medium heat, till the mixture is cooked. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a couple tablespoons of water.
- Remove the mixture from flame and let it cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend it well, to form a paste.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a little water.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan; add the dissolved corn starch and sugar. Mix well.
- Simmer on low heat, until the garlic sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to jars and cool.