Photo Credit: http://www.sailusfood.com/2013/10/30/chiroti-best-indian-sweets-recipes/
||9.2 / 10 (9 votes)|
- 1 Cup maida
- 1 Cup fine Semolina
- 1/2 Cup rice flour
- 1-1/2 Cup Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For Badam Milk:
- 40 Badam
- 1 Litre, half cream milk
- Few strands of Saffron
- Sugar to taste
How to make Chiroti:
- Soak the badam in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Peel and grind to make a fine paste.
- Bring the half cream milk to boil, add badam paste, sugar and saffron to it and simmer, keep aside.
- Take a bowl and combine maida, semolina, 1/2cup ghee and salt in it.
- Make soft dough, set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Make 10 small balls from it and roll to chapatti's size.
- Combine ghee and the rice flour to make a fine paste.
- Spread this paste on each of the chapattis and manage one above the other and roll it like a Swiss roll.
- Slice the roll into 2 inch size pieces and press lightly on swiss roll and flatten to make a small poori.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it.
- Deep fry the pooris, sprinkle sugar on it.
- Phenori is ready to serve with Badam milk.