Citrus Roasted Turkey Recipe
|Citrus Roasted Turkey Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 6-8 Pound whole turkey, washed and drained
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup frozen lemon juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tbsp Fresh chopped mint leaves
- 3 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/3 Cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp Grated orange peel
- 2 tsp Grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- Dash salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
How to make Citrus Roasted Turkey:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Take a large bowl and combine all juices, honey, oil, mint, citrus peels, salt, pepper, herbs and spices, mix well
- Add turkey to it, turning a few times to cover with marinade.
- Top turkey with sliced onions and cover the bowl with foil.
- Place it into the refrigerator for about 3 to 8 hours.
- Now remove turkey from the marinade and discard onions.
- Pour marinade into a saucepan and bring it to a boil, boil for about 5 minutes, keep aside.
- Put the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a big shallow roasting pan.
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, carefully so the pointed end does not touch the bone.
- Roast turkey in the preheated oven for about 3 hours.
- Baste the turkey frequently with the marinade as it cooks.
- If required, loosely cover it with lightweight foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Roast it till the thermometer registers 170 degrees F in the breast or 180 degrees F in the thigh.
- Take out the turkey from the oven and allow it to rest for about 15-20 minutes before carving.