Photo Credit: http://www.recettesmaroc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 4 cups Flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Anise Seeds
- ¼ cup Golden Unhulled Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- ¼ cup Golden Raisins (soaked in warm water until plump & drained)
- ½ cup Almonds (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup Butter (melted)
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Orange Flower Water
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Egg Wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk)
How to make Fekkas:
- Preheat the oven at 350°F. Grease a baking sheet with little oil.
- Take 3½ cup flour with sugar, salt, baking powder, sesame, anise seeds, raisins, almonds and mix it well.
- Put in eggs, oil, butter, orange flower water, vanilla and blend it well making into little sticky dough.
- Shape the dough into big balls and roll them forming into logs. Transfer them to baking sheet keeping atleast 2 inch distance between each.
- Brush them off with egg wash and dig holes on logs using a fork.
- Bake it for 20-25 min. Then let it cool and cover it up with towel. Keep it aside for a day.
- Preheat the oven at 400°F. Slice the logs into ¼" pieces and place them in a baking sheet.
- Bake it in a batch for 15-20 min and serve it.