Fruit Crumble Cheese Cake Recipe
|Fruit Crumble Cheese Cake Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 150g Digestive Biscuits
- 50g melted Butter
- 450g full-fat Curd Cheese
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 300g assorted Currants and Blackberries (without stalks)
- 100g Plain Flour
- 75g Butter
- 50g Caster Sugar
How to make Fruit Crumble Cheese Cake:
- Crush the biscuits. Mix them with the melted butter and pour into a 20-22cm loose-bottomed tart tin or shallow cake tin.
- Press the warm, wet crumbs down with your hand to form a base, and then put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Mix the curd cheese, beaten eggs, lemon zest and half the sugar with a hand-held electric mixer. It should be thick and creamy. Put the tart tin on a baking sheet. Pour the filling into the crust and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 40-45 min or until almost set.
- Put the prepared fruit in a pan with the remaining sugar, a tablespoon of water, and simmer until the blackcurrants just start to burst.
- Set it aside to cool. For the topping, dash the flour, butter and sugar in a food processor until they resemble crumbs.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool slightly. Lift the fruit from its juice with a draining spoon and spoon over the top of the cheesecake. Pour over a tablespoon of the juice, and then chill.
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the fruit and return the cheesecake to the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the crumble is starting to color.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool. Serve the cheesecake with the juices from the fruits.