||Non Veg. |
- 6 cups Whole Milk
- 12 sheets Wheat Dough
- 3-½ tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Semolina
- ¾ cup Butter (melted)
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Water
How to make Galaktoboureko:
- Pour milk into a big saucepan and bring it to a boil on medium flame.
- Whisk together the semolina, corn flour, sugar (2 cup) and eggs in a bowl.
- Now slowly add the semolina mixture in the boiled milk, while stirring.
- Cook till the mixture thickens and when it comes to a full boil, turn off the flame.
- Partially cover the pan and keep it aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Now layer the 7 sheets of wheat dough into the pan, brushing each one with butter.
- Pour the above-made mixture into the pan over the wheat dough. Cover it with the rest of dough sheets, brushing each sheet with butter while laying it down.
- Bake it for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top crust turns crisp and the custard filling get set.
- In a small saucepan, stir together rest of the sugar (½ cup) and water, and bring it to a boil.
- Take out the baking dish from the oven. Pour the hot sugar syrup over the top and on the edges of Galaktoboureko.
- Let it cool for some time and then, place it in the refrigerator.
- Cut Galaktoboureko into pieces and serve cool.