Photo Credit: http://www.japanfoodstyle.com/2014/06/recipe-gari-pickled-ginger-for-sushi.html
||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
- 1/4 lb Gingerroot peeled, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup rice vinegar
- 1 Drop red food coloring
- 1/4 tsp Salt
How to make Gari:
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add ginger to it and simmer for 1 minute, drain.
- Put it in a heatproof jar.
- Take a small saucepan and bring vinegar sugar, salt and food coloring to a boil.
- Pour this mixture over the ginger and marinate for about an hour.