Photo Credit: http://livelovepasta.com/2012/10/homemade-giardiniera/
||7.8 / 10 (4 votes)|
- 2 Green bell peppers, diced
- 2 Red bell peppers, diced
- 8 Fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 Celery stalk, diced
- 1 Medium carrot, diced
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 Cup salt
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) Jar pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1 Cup white vinegar
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1 cup Water
How to make Giardiniera:
- Place in a bowl the green and red peppers, jalapenos, celery, carrots, onion, and cauliflower.
- Stir in salt, and fill with enough cold water to cover.
- Place plastic wrap or aluminum foil over the bowl, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, drain salty water, and rinse vegetables.
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and olives.
- Pour in vinegar and olive oil, and mix well.
- Combine with vegetable mixture, cover, and refrigerate for 2 days before using.
- Giardiniera is ready.