Gobi Aloo Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/aloo-gobi-oersA4aebiafg.html
|Gobi Aloo Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 5 Coriander Leaves
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 large Cauliflower (florets)
- 3 Potatoes (peeled and chopped into small pieces)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 piece Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
How to make Gobi Aloo:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion and one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil.
- Stir together and cook until onions become creamy, golden, and translucent.
- Add chopped coriander stalks, two teaspoons of turmeric, and one teaspoon of salt.
- Add chopped chilies (according to taste),
- Stir tomatoes into onion mixture.
- Add ginger and garlic; mix thoroughly.
- Add potatoes and cauliflower to the sauce and a few tablespoons of water ensuring that the mixture doesn't stick to the saucepan.
- Ensure that the potatoes and cauliflower are coated with the curry sauce.
- Cover and allow simmering for twenty minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Add two teaspoons of garam masala and stir.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top of the curry.
- Turn off the heat, cover and leave for as long as possible before serving.
Serve it hot with roti/chapathi