Gol Papdi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.youthconnect.in/2015/06/09/27-gujarati-dishes-that-are-much-more-than-fafda-and-dhokla/
|Gol Papdi Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Jaggery (grated)
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 tbsp Ghee
How to make Gol Papdi:
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds on a 100 mm. (4") diameter greased thali. Keep it aside.
- Melt the ghee in a frying pan and add the wheat flour to it. Keep stirring until flour turns golden brown in color.
- Turn off the flame. Add the jaggery and cardamom powder while the mixture is hot. Stir well so that the jaggery melts.
- Pour the mixture into the greased thali with poppy seeds, while still warm; spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl.
- When the mixture gets set, cut into diamond shapes.
- Gol Papdi is ready to serve.