|Rating||9.1 / 10 (29 votes)|
- 1 kg Khoya
- 500 gms Sugar
- 500 gms Maida
- 200 gms Almonds, chopped
- 6 tbsp Cooking oil
- 3 tbsp Raisins
- 200 ml Water
How to make Gujia:
- Combine maida with 6 tbsp of oil using your fingers.
- Make soft dough and knead it lightly. Add water if needed.
- Cover with a wet cloth and leave aside.
- In a frying pan, deep-fry the khoya till light brown in color.
- Add chopped almonds, sugar and raisins and mix well.
- Fry again for few minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Prepare a small and thick chapati from the kneaded dough.
- Stuff half of the chapati with the khoya mixture.
- Fold and draw the edges of chapati inwards to close.
- On slow fire, deep-fry the gujia till golden brown.
- Take out using a sieve and drain the oil properly.
- Store them in an airtight container.
- Repeat the procedure with remaining dough.