Photo Credit: http://www.shehjar.com/list/0/658/1.html
||7.0 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 1/2 kg Collard Greens or Haak (stalk removed)
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed Oil
- 1/2 tsp Asafeotida
- 2 Green Chilies (broken into two pieces)
- 2 Dry Red Chilies (broken into two pieces)
- A pinch of Soda
- Salt to taste
How to make Haak:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Once the oil starts to smoke, add water and bring it to boil.
- Add a pinch of soda to water and then put collard greens.
- Stir around the mixture till the haak wilt.
- If required, add more water. Remember that the leaves should remain submerged.
- Add salt and chilies to the mixture.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Let the vegetable cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- After due time, release the pressure immediately.
- Haak is ready. Serve it with steamed rice and plain yoghurt.