Heart Shaped Cookies Recipe
|Heart Shaped Cookies Recipe|
|Rating||5.7 / 10 (10 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 -1/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup Shortening
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Grated Lemon Rind
- Green and Orange Liquid food Colors
How to make Heart Shaped Cookies:
- Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed till soft. Combine sugar with it and mix well.
- Add eggs and milk and keep beating till blended properly.
- Take a bowl and combine flour baking powder, baking soda and salt properly.
- Add this with butter mixture and beat at low speed till well blended.
- Add lemon rind and juice.
- Fragment the dough into 4 equal parts and wrap each portion in plastic wrap.
- Allow to cool for about 2 to 6 hours.
- Roll a dough part on a lightly floured surface to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut it with a 3 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter and keep on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Repeat the method for other dough parts.
- Now bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 8 to 9 minutes till light brown colour reached on bottoms.
- Allow them to cool on baking sheets for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks and let them cool for 20 minutes.
- Put green food color on 1/4 cup Icing and spread it on tops of cookies.
- Put orange food color on reserved 1/4 cup Icing and put that into a zip-top plastic bag. Pierce 1 corner of the bag to make a small hole and pipe dots on cookies.
- Heart Shaped Cookies are ready to serve.