Photo Credit: https://mvazquez650.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/horchata.jpg
||9.5 / 10 (17 votes)|
- 1 Cup rice
- 1/2 Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- 5 Cups drinking water
- 1/2 Cup sugar
How to make Horchata:
- Grind rice in the blender, until it is smooth.
- Toss with cinnamon stick and lime zest.
- Let it rest overnight.
- In the morning, put rice mixture into blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in 2 cups of water to the mixture and soak for 2 hours.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve.
- Add in the rest of the water and stir in sugar, until dissolved.
- Horchata is ready.