Hungarian Goulash Recipe
|Hungarian Goulash Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 600 gm Beef sheen, cut into 2x2 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 Medium onions, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1-2 Carrots, diced
- 1 Parsnip, diced
- 1-2 Celery leaves
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 Fresh green peppers
- 2-3 Medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp Hungarian paprika powder
- 1 tsp Caraway seed, grounded
- 1 Bay leaf
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to make Hungarian Goulash:
- Heat oil in a pot and braise the chopped onions in it, until they get a golden brown color.
- Sprinkle the braised onions with paprika powder, while stirring them to prevent the paprika from burning.
- Add the beef cubes and sauté them till they turn white and get a bit of brownish color as well.
- The meat will let out its own juice. Let the beef-cubes simmer in it, while adding the crushed chopped garlic, ground caraway seed, salt, ground black pepper and bay leaf.
- Pour enough water, to cover the content of the pan. Let the beef simmer on low heat for a while.
- When the meat is half-cooked, add diced carrots, parsnip, potatoes, celery leaf and some more water.
- When the vegetables and the meat are almost done, add tomato paste and sliced green peppers.
- Let it cook on low heat for another few minutes.
- Bring the soup to the boil.
- Hungarian Goulash is ready.