Photo Credit: http://www.sankalpfoods.com/instant-idli-mix.htm
||9.2 / 10 (64 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 cups Raw Rice
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil for greasing
- Water to mix
- A pinch of Baking Soda
How to make Idli:
- Soak urad dal and rice separately in water, for about 5 hours.
- After due time, grind the soaked ingredients in a mixer to make a smooth paste.
- Now leave the paste aside, for about 8 hours.
- Afterward add salt and baking soda to the paste. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture gradually into the greased cavities of an Idli Stand.
- Expose Idli Stand to steam for a few minutes in a cooker or closed vessel.
- Then, carefully take out the stand and remove the the idlis, using a spoon.
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining mixture.
- Idlis are ready. Serve them in pairs with coconut chutney and sambhar.