Imam Baildi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.argiro.com.gr/recipes/aubergines-imam-baildi
|Imam Baildi Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
- 4-5 (500 g) medium Eggplants
- 500 g Onions
- 500 g Tomatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (cut lengthwise)
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Parsley (finely chopped)
- 150 ml Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
How to make Imam Baildi:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees F.
- Make slits in eggplants to open them up like books.
- Heat some olive oil and fry the eggplants from all sides.
- Remove and place them on a platter.
- Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry onions until lightly golden.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, parsley, salt, and and pepper.
- Pour a cup of water and sugar. Mix well. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stuff this preparation in the eggplants and place them on a baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Drizzle some water once or twice while baking.
- Remove and cool to normal temperature for few minutes.
- Serve thereafter.