Indian Okra Recipe
Photo Credit: http://goanwiki.com/tag/okra-recipe/
|Indian Okra Recipe|
||9.3 / 10 (10 votes)|
- 1/2 kg Okra (small)
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 3/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Amchoor powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Garam masala
How to make Indian Okra:
- Wash okra under running water and slice off the ends.
- Cut each in half. Set aside.
- In a wok or heavy skillet, heat the oil and sauté onions till they become translucent.
- Add all the spices, except garam masala, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 1 minute. Add okra and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Cover and steam over medium heat, until tender (about 12-15 minutes).
- Spoon the okra onto a warm serving plate and sprinkle with garam masala.
- Indian Okra is ready.