Italian Giambotta Recipe
|Italian Giambotta Recipe|
||5.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1/4 Pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 Pound penne pasta
- 4 Italian fryer peppers, sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 2 Ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Baby eggplant, sliced
- 3 Medium potatoes, diced
- 2 Medium zucchini, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil as needed
How to make Italian Giambotta:
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta to it.
- Cook till al dente for about 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- Remove it from the fire, drain and keep aside
- Take an iron skillet and heat a small amount of olive oil in it.
- Add onions and fry till translucent.
- Add rest of the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and bring it to a simmer, stir well and cover the pan.
- Let cook on a low heat for 20 minutes, keep stirring.
- Remove the cover and continue to cook vegetables till tender and no cooking liquid remains in the skillet for about 15 minutes more.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the Vegetable Stew, tossing till coated and heated through.