Jaggery Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.smithakalluraya.com/2013/08/gudanna-shalyanna-bellada-anna-jaggery.html
|Jaggery Rice Recipe|
||5 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
- 2½ cups Basmati Rice (rinsed and soaked)
- 6 Cloves
- 350 gm Jaggery (small pieces)
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp sliced Almonds
- ½ cup Ghee
How to make Jaggery Rice:
- Cook rice in a pot in boiling water with cloves until tender and firm. Drain properly.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add jaggery in it. Add cardamom powder and rice, when jaggery melts.
- Stir well until no liquid remains in the pan. Cover and simmer on heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and serve hot.