Kadi Pakoda Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.vahrehvah.com/indianfood/punjabi-kadi-pakodi/
|Kadi Pakoda Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 Cup Besan
- 2 cups Curd
- ¾ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/3 tsp Mango Powder (Amchoor)
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/3 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Seeds)
- ¼ tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Dry Red Chilies
- 10 to 15 Curry Leaves
- 2 Cloves Crushed
- 2 Onions
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 2 Ginger
- 5 Garlic (Pods)
- 2 liter Water
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- For Pakodas:
- 2 Cups Gram Flour (Besan)
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- ¾ Cup Water (approx)
- Salt to taste
How to make Kadi Pakoda:
- Take besan in a bowl, mix curd and make a smooth paste. Add ½ liter water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, ajwain, dry whole red chilies, curry leaves, cinnamon powder and crushed clove. Mix well.
- Add grated ginger, garlic, chopped onions. Cook till onion the they turn pink in color.
- Add salt, red chili powder, garam masala, Amchoor, chopped green chilies. Mix well.
- Add besan and curd mixture.
- Add 1 ½ liter, water simultaneously.
- Let it cook on high flame for 5min then low the flame and cook for 45 min.
- When, the curry becomes thick switch off the gas.
- For Pakora
- Mix besan, salt, red chili powder, garam masala in a bowl with water and make a smooth paste.
- Beat the mixture for about 5min.
- Heat oil in a pan and Make small balls (round shape) of besan mixture and deep fry in oil.
- Fry till they become golden brown in color.
- Add pakodas in kadi gravy and cook on low flame for about 5min.
- Add chopped coriander leaves