Karela Aachar Recipe
|Karela Aachar Recipe|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 10 Fresh karela
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 Cup sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Methi seeds
- 10 Fresh green chilly
- 1 tsp Asafetida powder
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
How to make Karela Aachar:
- Wash karelas and wipe well with a cotton cloth.
- Split into two equal halves, lengthwise.
- Clean the inside and cut into very thin slices.
- Cut green chili into thin long slices. Mix with karela slices.
- Add 3 tbsp salt and rub into the karela and chilly slices with hand.
- Squeeze the slices till the water gets removed.
- Spread on a clean white cotton cloth and sun dry for a whole day.
- Heat 1 cup oil and fry curry leaves till brown and crispy. Remove and keep aside.
- Splutter mustard in oil and add methi seeds. Fry for a few seconds.
- Before the methi seeds turn brown, add the dried karela and green chillies.
- Fry till the karelas are crispy. Remove from fire.
- Add fried curry leaves, red chilli powder, salt and asafetida powder.
- Mix thoroughly till all the salt is dissolved.
- Pour into clean dry glass jars or bottles.
- Pour the remaining oil on top of the aachar in all the bottles.
- Keep for two days.
- Karela Achar is ready.