Kashmiri Biryani Recipe
|Kashmiri Biryani Recipe|
|Rating||7.2 / 10 (17 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 750 gms Mutton
- 1 kg Chicken
- 1 kg Basmati rice
- 200 ml Milk
- 2 tsp Curds
- 1 tsp Dry ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 150 gms Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Kewra essence
- 2 gms Saffron
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tsp Fennel seed powder
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
How to make Kashmiri Biryani:
- Fry asafetida and mutton pieces in ghee.
- Add curds to the mixture and fry till pink.
- Pour water and add salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add chilli powder, ginger powder and bay leaf.
- Fry for a few minutes and add 1/2 litre water.
- Add 1/2 tbsp garam masala and 1tbsp fennel seeds.
- Simmer the mixture till well cooked.
- Remove mutton pieces and keep them separate.
- Boil 2 litres of water with 2 tbsp salt.
- Tie garam masala and remaining fennel seeds in a piece of cloth.
- Put it in the boiling water.
- Now add rice and cook on low flame till half done.
- Separate water from the rice.
- Alternately arrange mutton and rice layers in a baking tray.
- Add milk and ghee.
- Cook in a preheated oven till well done.