|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 Lamb (cut into small pieces still on the bone)
- 1 basket of Onions (chopped coarsely)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
How to make Khorkhog:
- Heat lots of stones on fire until they are thoroughly hot, say for about an hour.
- Combine the lamb pieces and onions together.
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Fill a large cooking container, alternating layers of lamb mixture and hot stones.
- Add sufficient water to fill the container.
- Cove the container with a lid and place it on the stove.
- Let the mixture cook for several hours.
- Remove the lid and check whether the meat has been done or not.
- Remove the stones and scoop out the meat mixture.
- Serve hot.
Suggestions:Serve khorkhog with rice and steamed vegetables.