Kidney Bean Soup Recipe
|Kidney Bean Soup Recipe|
- 1 cup Kidney Beans
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk of Celery
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 3 tbsp of Tomato Paste
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 ½ tbsp Vegetable Oil/Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
How to make Kidney Bean Soup:
- Heat oil in a pan and add to it onions. Saute till they turn translucent.
- Now, add garlic, celery and carrots and again saute for a few minutes.
- Add broth, kidney beans, tomato paste, cumin powder, chili powder and dried oregano.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the mixture over medium flame, until it boils.
- Once the soup starts boiling, lower the flame and cook again for 15 to 20 minutes, without the lid.
- Remove from the flame when the vegetables are properly cooked.
- Now, take a separate bowl and add in it yoghurt, lime juice and cilantro.
- Blend this lime yoghurt mixture and keep aside.
- Now, pour the hot soup in serving bowl and top it with spoonful of lime yoghurt.
- Serve after seasoning with salt and pepper.