Lamb Cooked with Apricot Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/30027/slow+cooker+honeyed+apricot+lamb+with+almond+couscous
|Lamb Cooked with Apricot Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 375 gm cubed Lean Lamb (trimmed of any fat)
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 3-4 sliced dried Apricots
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Garlic Puree
- 1 tsp Ginger Puree
- 1 thinly sliced Onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ground Almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mixed Whole Nuts
- 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 Brown Cardamoms
- 2 Cinnamon sticks (1 inch each)
- 1½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Green Cardamom
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Fennel Seeds (ground)
How to make Lamb Cooked with Apricot:
- Put the meat with vinegar, and whole spices into a non-reactive pot and cover tightly and place it in a preheated oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, heat the ghee in a pan and stir-fry the garlic puree for a minute, add the ginger puree and fry another 1 minute. Mix in the ground spices and add onions to fry until soft.
- Remove the pot from the oven and add remaining ingredients except salt and cilantro. Spread the onion-spice mixture all over it. Drizzle some water over and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with salt and cilantro leaves and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.