Lamb with Prunes Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/feb/02/10-best-stews
|Lamb with Prunes Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 kg tender Lamb Pieces
- 2 medium Onions (grated)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Saffron Threads (crumbled)
- ¼ tsp Moroccan Yellow Colorant
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 Cilantro Bouquet
- ¼ kg Prunes
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tbsp Golden Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- Handful of fried Almonds
- 2 ½ cups Water
How to make Lamb with Prunes:
- Take meat with onions, garlic, spices, butter, oil in a pot and cook it on medium flame until it is brown.
- Put in water with cilantro and simmer it on high flame. Then cook it covered on medium flame for 2½ hrs. Add more water if required and simmer until meat is very soft and just oil & onions are left.
- Take out ½ cup liquid from the pot while cooking and keep it to the side.
- Boil the prunes with water half covered in a pan. Drain it.
- Put the prunes with reserved liquid, honey, sugar, cinnamon and cook it until it forms into thick syrup.
- Place the cooked lamb on a plate and pour over prunes with syrup.
- Add on almonds, sesame seeds and serve it hot.