Makai Shorba Recipe
|Makai Shorba Recipe|
||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- ¾ cup Sweet Corn
- ¼ cup Onions, chopped
- ½ cup Carrots, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Seeds, crushed
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Peppercorns
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 Clove (Laung)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Few Corn Kernels, roasted
- Few Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
How to make Makai Shorba:
- In a non stick pan, heat oil. Add bay leaf, peppercorn, cinnamon stick and cloves to the heated oil. Sauté the mixture for a while.
- Add chopped onions and garlic and sauté till the onions become pink.
- Now, add carrots, cumin powder, turmeric powder and crushed coriander seeds. Mix well and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add sweet corns, salt and water. Cook over medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the corns are properly cooked, remove from the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Once cool, put the cooked corn mixture in a blender. Blend to make a fine puree.
- Transfer the puree back into the heated pan and add milk to it. Simmer it for some time.
- Garnish with corn kernels, chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- The luscious Makai shorba is ready to be gorged upon!!