Mango-Pineapple Chutney Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/02/mango-pineapple-chutney/
|Mango-Pineapple Chutney Recipe|
||35 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 small Pineapple (Peeled and Diced)
- 3 large Ripe Mangoes (Peeled, Pitted and Diced)
- 1 large Sweet Onion (Minced)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (Crushed)
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp Curry Powder
- 4 inch piece fresh Ginger Root (Peeled and Minced)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper (Diced)
How to make Mango-Pineapple Chutney:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the red pepper flakes and cook until they begin to sizzle.
- Stir in the minced onion. Reduce the heat to low; cover and cook until the onions have softened, stirring it continuously for about 20 min.
- Remove the lid and increase the heat to medium. Stir in the ginger and yellow bell pepper. Cook it while stirring continuously for 2-3 min.
- Now stir in the mangoes, pineapple, brown sugar, curry powder and vinegar. Bring to simmer and cook for 30 min while stirring continuously. Cool the chutney once done. Pour in the chutney into airtight containers and store in the refrigerator.