Mango Thokku Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.jeyashriskitchen.com/2014/07/mango-thokku-manga-thokku-recipe.html
|Mango Thokku Recipe|
||7.6 / 10 (5 votes)|
- 1 Sour Mango (peeled, seed discarded)
- 1 tsp Methi Seeds (roasted and powdered)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Virgin Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
How to make Mango Thokku:
- Grate the Mango. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Allow spluttering.
- Now add turmeric powder and the grated mango.
- Add the salt and chilli powder, and turn the heat down to medium.
- Keep stirring from time to time.
- When the quantity reduces to two-thirds of the original amount, add the rest of the oil and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the methi powder and stir thoroughly. Keep on the stove for a minute more.
- Remove the pan off the heat. Keep aside uncovered until cool.
- Store in a clean, dry bottle, and cover tightly.
- Mango Thokku is ready.