Mashed Jalapeno-Cilantro Sweet Potatoes Recipe
|Mashed Jalapeno-Cilantro Sweet Potatoes Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||65 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 whole Jalapeno Pepper
- ¼ cup Butter (softened)
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (cracked, to taste)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- ¼ cup Walnut Pieces
How to make Mashed Jalapeno-Cilantro Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking pan and bake them for 45 to 60 minutes till they turn tender.
- Remove and peel them.
- While baking the sweet potatoes, bake the jalapeno pepper along for 20 minutes, till the skin loosens.
- Peel the jalapeno pepper and mince it.
- Mix it with sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl and mash them.
- Add softened butter, orange juice and cilantro.
- Process with an electric mixer till smooth and creamy.
- Add sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer the mashed mixture into a 1 quart baking dish.
- Drizzle melted butter over the mashed mixture.
- Sprinkle the walnut pieces over them.
- Bake the mixture for about 20 minutes till it is hot in the center.