Meat Pastry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/1422086-CINDY-S-MEAT-PASTRY
|Meat Pastry Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- For Pastry Dough:
- 360 gm Flour
- 200 ml Water
- 10 gm Yeast (crumbled)
- 10 gm Sugar
- Salt to taste
For the Filling:
- 500 gm Beef (ground)
- 90 gm Onion (chopped)
- 50 gm Short Grain Rice
- 120 gm Sour Cream
- Salt to taste
- White Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Butter
For Glazing and Dipping:
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Milk as required
- Butter as required
How to make Meat Pastry:
- Take flour with water, yeast in a bowl and mix it well into firm dough.
- Put in salt with sugar and mix it for 2 min. keep the dough covered until it rises.
- Put rice with water in a pan and boil until it is tender.
- Cook beef in a pan on high flame until it dries up. Flavor it with salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry onion until it is cooked.
- Mix in rice with meat and sour cream.
- Shape the dough into balls and spread them into even discs using rolling pin.
- Lay little butter with filling on the center of the disc and pinch the side ends forming into oval pastry. Do the same with remaining discs.
- Place the pastries seam side down in a baking sheet layered with parchment paper and keep it covered with damp towel for 15-20 min.
- Coat the pastries with egg and bake it at 225 °C for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Heat milk in a pan. Mix in butter and heat until it dissolves.
- Dip in the pastries alternately and place them on a plate. Then keep it covered with parchment paper for 30 min.
- Serve it hot with tomato ketchup.