Mexican Black Bean Soup Recipe
|Mexican Black Bean Soup Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Pound dried black beans
- 1/4 Pound diced ham
- 4 Onions, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Pound bacon
- 3 Stalks celery including leaves, chopped
- 3 Quarts chicken broth
- 1-1/2 Cups uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1/2 Cup dry sherry
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
How to make Mexican Black Bean Soup:
- Wash black beans, and soak in water overnight.
- Rinse and drain.
- Pour oil in a soup pot.
- Add the bacon, ham, onion, garlic and celery.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes till vegetables are soft.
- Combine beans, rice, peeper, cumin, and broth with it.
- Bring to boil.
- Now reduce heat and cover it, simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Pulverize in a blender when cool, till smooth.
- Pour again into the soup pot.
- Add wine and sherry and reheat on low for about 45 minutes.
- Mexican Black Bean Soup is ready to serve.