Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe
|Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||65 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 6 large Green Peppers
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 cup Celery (diced)
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Tomato Sauce
- 15 oz can Kidney Beans (drained & rinsed)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp dried Oregano Leaves
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Water
How to make Mexican Stuffed Peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the top of the green peppers and remove the seeds. Set aside.
- Stir-fry the beef, onion, and garlic together in rendered fat until beef is brown and onion is tender, whisking to crumble the beef.
- Drain properly and add celery, 1 can of tomato sauce, kidney beans, salt, paprika, pepper, oregano, and chili powder.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stuff the green peppers with prepared mixture.
- Arrange peppers in a baking dish. Combine 1 cup of water along with another can of tomato sauce and pour over and around the peppers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degree F until peppers are tender. Serve as side dish.