Mint Split Pea Soup Recipe
|Mint Split Pea Soup Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1½ cups Split Peas
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Mint
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream (optional)
- Croutons (optional)
How to make Mint Split Pea Soup:
- Place a saucepan over medium fire and melt butter.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add split peas and chicken stock. Boil the mixture.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Mix together cornstarch and water.
- Add the cornstarch mix to the soup and boil it again.
- Lower heat and add mint. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and garnish with croutons.
- Serve hot.